Thursday, August 23, 2007

Knitting

I have been knitting since I was 27 years old--That is 31 years. The years fly by so fast. I knitted sweaters and mittens for my kids when they were small. Now I knit mostly socks. I decided in Nov. of last year I was going to learn to knit socks after the first of the year. And being the obsessive compulsive person that I am Sat down the last Thurs of Nov 2006 and started. Ripped them out 6 times and said to myself, "I am not doing this to myself." I got a book in the mail from a friend Fri morning from a friend titled "A Good Yarn" by Debbie Macomber. The first few pages were 2 sock patterns and I said to myself, "OK God, I will try again." The rest is history. I am on my 11th pair of socks. Of course I have made 3 felted bags. 4 or 5 ponchos (some crocheted) and 2 or 3 crocheted baby blankets-booties-baby sweaters also since then. Besides working part time as a nurse. Trying to visit my 82 yr. old independent mom and my children and 9 grandchildren. And now I am learning to do this (blog that is). I usually give away most of what I make, but I have kept most of the socks.

No comments: