Saturday, March 22, 2008

More Petals and a Lace Scarf





Normally, I get bored making the same thing more than once, I can't seem to stop making these petal dishcloths!!! Instant gratification--I think that is what it's called. Ah well. I take a break from my bigger project and make a petal dishcloth in about 1 1/2 hours. I am working on the falling water lace scarf. It is a pattern I found on ravelry. It is called Falling Water. Can't wait to finish it so I can block it. Have worked on it here and there. I have a hard time sitting and knitting for long periods. I like to be up and moving. Therefore knitting and crocheting is how I relax. I am making it from lace weight yarn so working it on 48 sts--which gives 5 repeats. I think it will be really pretty. The yarn is Knit Picks Shadow--color Oregon Trail on size #5 needles. Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hi, there! I'm back from sad land... Glad to see your cheery knitting - that petal dishcloth is addicting. Your Falling Waters scarf is coming out great, too. I have seen that one before, but had not yet read reviews. Perhaps this is the go-ahead I needed.

Grace said...

i love the petal cloths, I have been back to Ball Band cloths and my Citizen Kane pattern, they are mindless when I am in the car, or like yesterday visiting with inlaws, can't pull out the lace charts then!!

JustApril said...

Check you OUT! I KNEW you could do lace =)*) wooo hooooo! It's SO very pretty, too, can't wait to see it all blocked and airy. heheheheeee

I'm gonna have to give the dishcloths a try, just to see if they're as fun for me as they are for you =)

Amanda said...

Very pretty! Dishcloths and scarf! Next time I'm on Ravelry I'll have to check out the Falling Waters scarf.