Monday, December 17, 2007

Winter is here





I work on a PRN basis (as needed) and pretty much pick up when I want to work, and I swear on my Bible that I always seem to pick up the worst weather days to work. I guess I shoudn't complain as I only live 3 1/2 miles from work. The trip in at 2 pm was when the snow really started and the winds picked up and I could barely see. And all the snow came while I was there--probably about 6 to 8"--knee high when I cleaned off my car to come home. My 5 minute drive took 15 minutes d/t drifting--I live very country. The pic of my car is what we got after 11pm last night, and I had already cleaned off the 6-8" the night before. The geese on our lake are waking up--they were sleeping there when I got up--was not dressed yet to take pics. I also saw 5 wild turkeys streaming their way behind our pole barn. Last year I counted 78 turkeys and quit counting. Country living definitely allows you to see a lot of wildlife. It is gorgeous--but how I hate driving in it. But, Thank God, I got home safe and sound to a nice warm house that I know some people do not even have--and I drove in a nice warm dependable car. How grateful I should be. The pics of the lake are from my driveway and back porch. The flag pole is in the front yard from the driveway. Happy winter and happy knitting.

2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, you got a lot of snow, too!

I like the pics you added on the side. I really like to see pics of my online friends - helps to bring people closer together.

JustApril said...

Pretty pics! I don't think we'll ever sport that much snow at once. (Now that I said that, we will)