Friday, June 27, 2008

He's Home

Finally we arrived home about 3:30 pm today. He is on loads of different drugs. He is to take the lasix as needed only if he gains over 3-3 pounds in a day. He came home with his picc line (it is an IV) I guess this can stay in for 2 years, but since he will be cardioverted again in 3 to 4 weeks and he is such a tough stick we opted to keep this in until after the cardioversion. Then they will pull it. His daughter will change the dressing weekly--since I am not IV certified I don't even want to go there, but I will have her teach me to flush it as it will need flushed daily. He is on all kinds of different drugs, and off of some of his old ones. He is pretty tired today, so he is resting, but I am thrilled to finally have him home. Thx again for all your prayers.

9 comments:

Mollie said...

Welcome home.

Grace said...

glad to hear he is home, all of you rest now!

Crystal said...

Glad he's home and the cath was clean! Keep on hangin' in there! :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got your hubby home and I am sending you well wishes...get some rest!! We will keep you in our thoughts!!

Bea said...

I'm so glad he's home. Sending good healthful thoughts to both of you!

Amanda said...

I am so sorry that I'm late but I just found the news about your husband. I will pray that he will continue to recover and heal. Nothing is more powerful than prayer.

smariek said...

That's great new to hear he is finally home. I hope you are both doing well, he recovering well and you getting some rest.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he is home and doing better now. I will keep sending good thoughts!

Natalie Rush said...

Sorry I'm so behind but I'm SO glad he's home and safe!!