Thursday, January 22, 2009

An Interview

I was reading Grace's blog, and my blog has been kind of boring lately so I allowed her to supply me with some blog fodder. I have allowed her to interview me. She is a really great knitter and makes the most beautiful shawls. She is also a kind and generous lady, and I love reading her blog.

So--here is the interview:

1. I know you live in Ohio, what do you find delightful about the area you live in?
Well--I live in a small farming community and it is quiet, peaceful. and really very pretty. We have a private lake on our property-and my kitchen sink overlooks it so it is always enjoyable to wash the dishes. Lots of wildlife--And in lovely N.E. Ohio you just never know what the weather is going to do.

2. What is your favorite knitting yarn and why? Right now it is Dream in Color Smooshy because it is so soft and smooshy. Not splitty and really a joy to knit with. That could change as I experiment with other yarns.

3. Are there any knitting techniques you would like to learn but haven't yet? I want to become proficient in lace knitting--and then make shawls like you, Grace. I plan to start this year with scarves and hopefully a shawl by the end of the year.

4. What is your favorite holiday and what makes it so special? Christmas, Christmas, Christmas--simply because it is the only time of the year I really get to see my whole brood all at the same time. There were 29 of us at my house this year and it was great. Only 1 was missing--my grandaughter had to work. Family is what it is about to me. And of course also the reason for the season.

5. It's been very cold lately, everwhere, what is your favorite, chill chasing supper time recipe that is loved by all??? Why of course my homemade chicken noodle soup.

For those of you who might want to be interviewed, here are the directions:

1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions and I will need your e-mail.).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Thank you Grace for offering me the chance to be interviewed and seeing some of the things that I have to be grateful for.

7 comments:

Jane said...

Okay Chris you can interview me - just don't make the questions too hard!

Jane

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh, do you know that I live in Aurora!!! How close can we be and not know it.

Debbie said...

Oops. I got so excited to think that you were in the next town over that I forgot to add that you can interview me.

Kelly said...

Me, me, me......

I love your new blog template mom. Missed ya on Monday!

And the view out her kitchen window is just gorgeous.

Grace said...

Your blog is pretty and looks like you should have lots of interviews to plan!!!

Amanda said...

Hi!! Long time no see. Just wanted to drop by and see what you are up to. I love the new blog look!

smariek said...

I WANT the view outside your kitchen window. Such a nice way to do dishes and relax your eyes looking outside.