Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Great Chardon Visit





Yesterday My Mom and I went to Doogan's restaurant in Chardon, Oh to meet my new friend and her Mom for lunch. I was so excited for the 2 Mom's to meet as they are so much alike and so close in age. Both are widows. And they hit it right off. We had a great lunch. Then we went to KotS in Chardon, Oh, so I could spend some Christmas money on the yarn I wanted to buy to make the Einstein Coat. The link is a ravelry link so I apologize to any readers not on ravelry. If you are not on ravelry you can sign up for an invite here. It is really a great knit and crochet community.

So there is a pic of my friend, the 2 Moms and the einstein coat that I started.

I really love the yarn and the color I bought. The store sample that I tried on is made from this yarn but in a different color. At first I thought I wanted that color--but I really like the one I am using much more. It is being made from Araucania Nature Wool Chunky Multi Color #201. I love the fit and feel of this coat. I am making size Medium. The pattern is from Sally Melville's book The Knitting Experience: Book 1: The Knit Stitch. Hope to post a few Christmas pics soon, but today I am taking a break and knitting.

We have had a very busy holiday season. Monday we buried a very dear friend--so there has not been a lot of time to knit. I will work Thursday and Saturday.

Happy knitting to all.

2 comments:

Grace said...

sorry to hear of your loss, it doesn't matter when it occurs it never is easy!!! Happy new Year!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm just checking in to say hi, and I hope you are doing well. Sorry I have not been catching up with blogs. I am trying to check in with my favorites!