Monday, November 26, 2007

Yummy Yummy

I am going to my daughter's Wed.--my baby daughter who is 34. LOL. My middle daughter and I are gonna baby sit the baby so she can do her term paper at the library. Can't wait. Anyhoo, last night I dreamed about this dish all night long--so guess what I am Making it to take Wed. for lunch. My husband doesn't care for sour cream or cheese so I can't wait to eat it. It is delicious. I got the recipe from my oldest daughter and it is a family favorite among us girls. It is called Creamy Chicken and Rice. I am not sure where she got the recipe, but enjoy.It takes me about an hour to put it together but is well worth it.

Creamy Chicken and Rice
4 c. cooked rice
1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
1/4 c. flour
2 c. milk
2 teas. chicken bouillon granules
1/2 to 1 teas season salt
1/2 teas garlic powder
1/4 teas pepper
4 to 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
12 ounces process American cheese, cubed
2 c. (16 oz.) sour cream
1 1/4 c. crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 32)
Spread rice into a greased 9x13 baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, melt 1/4 c. butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, bouillon, season salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; add chicken, cheese and sour cream; stir until the cheese is melted. Pour over rice. Melt the remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I got it from the Quick Cooking magazine and it is 12 WW points per serving YIKES! I think it is 12 points for 1/12 of the casserole!

I wish I could come Wed. We'll be schooling and Jordan has to be to work at 2:30 and everybody goes to church at 6:30 and then I pick them up at 8:45! I'm already exhausted thinking about it LOL.

I'm not feeling well. I'm so incredibly sore today! I can barely move. It was bad at the baptism yesterday, too. Standing in line with the food plate, my plate was so heavy and I almost dropped it!

It was nice sitting with you and chatting though :)

NH Knitting Mama said...

What a great recipe - thanks for sharing!

Jane said...

Sounds good! And I bet it would be good with that leftover turkey too!

Amanda said...

Sounds good! I LOVE sour cream!

Leslie Shelor said...

Sounds good! And sour cream is good in everything!