Monday, February 23, 2009
This scarf was made from Noro Silk Garden--2 skeins each of color #264 & #267. I didn't really like the thick and thin texture of the yarn and it is not as soft as I like--but the coloring is amazing. The scarf is made from the directions on Brooklyntweed's Blog (aka Jared Flood) All in all the scarf is very pretty. Happy Knitting
Thursday, February 19, 2009
40 years ago today, at 6:59 am this beautiful bouncing baby came into the world. My firstborn. The love of my life. And she grew. I am so pround of my oldest, not that I'm not proud of the others. There is something special about the firstborn. I learned on her, poor thing. She is a beautiful young woman. Has homeschooled her children, and has worked so very hard to having a loving marriage. She is the greatest daughter named Kelly I know.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!! I LOVE YOU!!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Well I haven't been real active here. Had a minor surgery a coupla weeks ago and it isn't healing real well and is causing some pain I don't care for--but such is life--This Too Shall Pass.
So here is some instant gratification knitting. A tribble and a petal dishcloth--my favoite to knit--so fast and easy. Made with Lily Sugar'nCream color faded denim. Was almost done with this when I realized I was using a size 5 needles in stead of an 8--it is rather small--but this enabled the tribble from the same skein. Happy Knitting.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Grace gave me an award. Thank you so much Grace!
The official rules are as follows:
1. Copy the award to your site
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers
4. Link to those on your blog
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.
1. Deb has a most interesting blog. I recently met her via blogland and found out we are neighbors--living in towns less than 10 miles apart. I think you will enjoy her blog.
2. Then there is Bea. She writes about her dogs, knitting, and life in general. She will be married soon and is knitting a lovely wedding shawl. Please keep her dog Abby in your prayers--has had a coupla knee surgeries on her hind legs--is now healing from the second one. Blogs pretty much daily and I love reading about her adventures.
3. Then there is Gnat. writes about knitting, dogs, and life in general. Her brand new hubby has relatives in Ohio, and yes she is a brand new newlywed. Great, must visit blog.
4. Eileen has only been kntting a coupla years--she learned to do socks magic loop pretty near when she learned to knit--amazing!! I was knitting at least 30 years before I even attempted socks and 2 years later learned magic loop. Eileen leads a very busy life--run and read her blog to learn all about it.
5. Amanda has had a rough go of it, but she is hanging in there. Run and wish her well. Maybe this little award will help. Love ya Amanda.
6. Kelly has a wonderful blog. Not so much knitting, but a joy to read. But then I am a little prejudiced as she is my daughter. You can also find her at Cooking for the Guys. Lots of recipes there.
7. I don't know Jody that well--so she may not appreciate this, but I love her blog. She is so creative--designs knits, is an artist and writes such interesting stuff. I visit her daily.
I visit all the blogs in my sidebar daily--love reading them. Happy Knitting.