Thursday, December 3, 2009

Update

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday I became very weak and tired--and of course attributed it to chemo and radiation--which it was--but I should have been a little more diligent and been checked out sooner. On Sat. Nov 28 I took an ambulance ride to the ER and was admitted with all sorts of critically low blood levels. I received 4 units of blood and 5 units of platelets and many other meds and was in there until Wed Dec 2. I am home now and feeling a tad better--actually a lot better, but of course not 100%. I will resume radiation on Monday Dec 7 and will probably also resume chemo some time next week--that depends on my blood work. I am staying away from all but family right now due to the really low immune system and not wanting to catch anything. Please keep up all the prayers as they are continuing to work and they are really appreciated more than you know--thank you all so much. Will update as I can. The treatment BTW is working!!

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Oh Chris, I sorry to hear about your ER visit and hospital stay. Know that you are in my prayers and hope you get feeling better.
Hugs, Gayle

KnittySue said...

Stay Strong my friend. Prayers for healing are headed your way.

Katherine said...

So sorry to hear about the hospital stay but thankful to hear that the treatment is working!! I continue to pray for you. I am living proof that prayers really do work!

smariek said...

Sorry to hear you had to make a try to the ER. Good to hear the treatment is working. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.