Saturday, April 4, 2009

And Finally Some Knitting






First up is a Gathered Scarf. I am making this out of Berrocco Comfort Sock Yarn Color #1813. It is making a really nice scarf but don't think I would make socks out of it.

Next is a pair of socks made from Bearfoot Mountain Colors handpainted yarns, color Gray Wolf. I absolutely love this sock yarn--so soft and wonderful to work with--worth every penny. I used the 56 stitch 56 row sock pattern. My mods-- 40 rows 1x1 ribbing followed by 10 rows st st. I then followed the pattern for the heel flap, heel turn, and gusset. I did 48 rows of st st for the foot and followed the pattern for the toe. These fit my size 6 to 6 1/2 foot. I used a size one 40" circular needle and the magic loop method. Since I have learned magic loop, I don't think I will ever go back to DPN's.

Next are my 2 Multidirectional Scarves.
the green one is made from Plymouth Boku color #3 and the last one is made from Lion Wool color Autumn Sunset. The Lion Wool one was my practice scarf and I used the original ending which is not very symmetrical. On the Plymout Boku one I used the alternate ending which I like much better. This was an instant gratification knit--very fast and easy!! I will be making it again.

I have less than 100 rows to knit on the second sleeve of my Einstein Coat--then the collar, block, and buttons. It has been hibernating a lot. Have also started another pair of socks,

What are you knitting? Happy Knitting.

4 comments:

smariek said...

Nice projects. I like the effect of the Multidirectional Scarf. Socks are addictive and so easy to cast on. I don't think I'll run into that SSS anytime soon.

Kelly said...

I LOVE the yarn on that first scarf!

So I'm at Jen's. She had her baby on the 31st. A boy that was 10 lb. 12 oz. and 22 inches. He is adorable and I am in heaven holding him. I'll be home on Wednesday. Let's make plans for the week or two after Easter :)

Love ya~Kel

Gayle said...

Love the scarves. You did a nice job. Colors are pretty too especially the first scarf.

JustApril said...

That's a bunch of knitting =) I really like the colors of the gathered scarf. The socks looks super comfy - Great projects! =)