Monday, July 28, 2008

Taking time To Breathe




Hi all. Long time no blog. Hubby was in the hospital again last week. He had an infection in his blood. He went in Late Tuesday night--I guess it was really Early Wed. morning. But they have determined the bug and what will kill it so he is home and able to take oral antibioitics instead of IV ones. I am grateful for the small things. And the big things. His cardiac status is good for now. I had my 17 year old grandaughter the night he went in. Took her to a drama camp at Hiram College that she had been invited to attend. Dave and I got to go to her final performace--it was a vaudeville show. All the kids were great in it. She played Gracie Allen ya know with George Burns. Unless you are older like me you might not remember them. She, of course, was great.

Well, now I will tell you about the above bag. It is the Everlasting Bagstopper from Knitty. I made it for the Bag a Month group that I belong to on Ravelry. It is made from Sugar and Cream dark beige cotton. Very quick knit. Designed to use as a shopping bag, but makes a great beach bag. Happy Knitting!!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm sorry about the infection but I'm glad your hubby is back home and that his cardiac status is better. I will pray that it continues to stay that way! BTW- I love that bag! That pattern has been calling to me but I have yet to give in.

Bea said...

The bag is great. I'm glad your husband didn't have to stay long in the hospital. I hope he's having a speedy recovery from this infection too.

Grace said...

glad hubby is improving, I love the bag, I have to check out making one some day!!! Tell your granddaughter i said "Goodnight Gracie"

and yes my model is Tom

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your husband is better, and I hope he continues to get better. It sounds like your granddaughter is gearing up for a drama degree!! That is a hard person to play..wow! I love the bag. I have missed your blog and I am glad that you are ok!!

smariek said...

Good to hear he's doing well and can stay home!

Natalie Rush said...

Glad he's doing well. I love the bag!!

Hope he stays well!